17(R) TES FINAL FLIGHT 05.04.13

And so we have Typhoons in new markings operated by 41 (Reserve) Test & Evaluation Squadron (TES), inherited from 17 (R) TES.

41(R) TES has a distinguished history, dating back to its formation in 1916. The squadron was formed at St Omer in France, and to this day the squadron carries the Cross of Lorraine, the symbol of the French town, on its aircraft.  After a distinguished wartime period, including service in the Battle of Britain where one of its members became the highest scoring British ace, Flt Lt Eric Lock, the squadron had a post-war career that included operations with a large variety of aircraft, including the Phantom, Harrier, Jaguar and Tornado.

Equipped with Tornado GR4 and Typhoon FGR4 aircraft, the squadron is responsible for testing and evaluating aircraft, equipment and operating practices for the front-line squadrons.

 

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.